Proffessionals world builders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veteran Island - Need help with Scripts

5 posters

Go down

Veteran Island - Need help with Scripts Empty Veteran Island - Need help with Scripts

Post by Nanteos Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:42 pm

Download map here to test/add scripts (if you add scripts let me know then email to me or upload so I download again)

Things left to do:
[] Add garrisoned units to each house on center island (1 tank buster, 2 javelins, 2 flak troopers)
[] Script so if you capture the observation post, you gain control of the garrisoned units (in guard stance, still in houses), and all structures on the island
[] Script the observation post to be able to see the entire map.

I am a beginner mapper. So I don't know how to script or do anything fancy.

This is a simple 1 vs 1 regular skirmish map, with 3 islands. One on the middle, and one in the top left and one in the bottom right corners. The players start on the cornered islands, and in the middle island is 2 veteran academies, a observation post, and 8 tri-cannon guns from the floating fortress. There is also 4 houses, which I want to place 1 tank buster, 2 javelins, and 2 flak troopers in each (all neutral), so the buildings should appear garrisoned white (neutral). I want this scripted so that when someone captures the observation post with an engineer, he/she gains control of the troops garrisoned in the buildings, the tri force cannons, and the two veteran academies aswell. The structures here are all indestructible, so one will need to be very tactical to capture the observation post if the enemy already has.

So if someone could script this for me, I would appreciate it! If you need the map to script it, I have the download link at the top.

Here is a screanshot from the World Builder:

(click to enlarge)
Veteran Island - Need help with Scripts Veteranplateau20.th

The map is complete and playable, would still like to add script so that all units/structures on the island become controlled by whoever captures the observation post.

Also, need help putting the units into the buildings to be garrisoned, I do not know how to do this.
Nanteos
Nanteos
Testers Godfather
Testers Godfather

History
Special in: None
Awards:
User made maps:

Back to top Go down

Veteran Island - Need help with Scripts Empty Re: Veteran Island - Need help with Scripts

Post by Nanteos Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Please someone help me with this I do not know how to script and I cannot find a guide for it anywhere :S
Nanteos
Nanteos
Testers Godfather
Testers Godfather

History
Awards:
User made maps:

Back to top Go down

Veteran Island - Need help with Scripts Empty Re: Veteran Island - Need help with Scripts

Post by Elven Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:50 am

If
player owns unit "observatory name
then
show permantly entire map for player "player name"
else
hide permantly entire map for player "player name"

easy script. And untick that deactive at success Smile

about garrisson, dunno, is this even possble? Maybe try to make new team and transfere team control?

about garrisson, make team, spawn them via script and use script to garrisson instantly Smile!

i am too busy atm, to do that, sorry about that...
Elven
Elven
Leader
Leader

History
Special in: Scripting
Awards:
User made maps:

https://prowb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaSlayerb Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:20 am

I could do that for you when I am back from vacation....
ThaSlayerb
ThaSlayerb
God of Fan
God of Fan

History
Awards:
User made maps:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanteos Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:44 am

Ok thank you Slayerb. I will try and look into it more tomorrow, I am busy today Razz if I haven't found a way myself, then I will ask you again. Do you have skype?
Nanteos
Nanteos
Testers Godfather
Testers Godfather

History
Awards:
User made maps:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanteos Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:45 am

Elven wrote:If
then
else

about garrisson, dunno, is this even possble? Maybe try to make new team and transfere team control?

about garrisson, make team, spawn them via script and use script to garrisson instantly Smile!

I'm not sure I understand :S
Nanteos
Nanteos
Testers Godfather
Testers Godfather

History
Awards:
User made maps:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanteos Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:24 pm

Also, is there a way to script so that a unit (or multiple at a time, I've got 44 of these units to script) is unable to use it's special move? For example, script so that striker VX's already placed on the map are unable to go into fly mode, in a way that should one decide to make additional striker VX's, they CAN go into fly mode?

I started to make a map to fiddle with scripts but it ended up becoming a map of its own XD
Nanteos
Nanteos
Testers Godfather
Testers Godfather

History
Awards:
User made maps:

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaSlayerb Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:39 pm

Nanteos wrote:
Elven wrote:If
then
else

I'm not sure I understand :S

Go to scripts. New Script - than go to the conditions tab. press new than search for the if player owns script. And do: If player owns (the observationpost name(give the observtionpost a name at object properties). than go to the the action tab.
and search for the show permanatly whole map to player. than go to the if false tab and do hide permantly entire map for player. Than go to the first tab. and untick the deactiviate uppon succes.

Than You are done!
ThaSlayerb
ThaSlayerb
God of Fan
God of Fan

History
Awards:
User made maps:

Back to top Go down

Veteran Island - Need help with Scripts Empty done

Post by ThaSlayerb Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:37 am

nanteos,

I have done the changes you asked me... ( and some other stuff you may like/ may not like) but I must say.... this map will not take more than 30 seconds..... its just a middle rush.... the defenses you put there.... can shoot all over the map.... there range is so big that they can molestrate your enemys base........

I will upload it soon

Jelle

Btw. When you change those defenses, give them the exact name as the defenses you have now.... ( I am talking about the waaveforcetricannons) the names must be m1, m2, m3, m4, m5, m6, m7, m8
ThaSlayerb
ThaSlayerb
God of Fan
God of Fan

History
Awards:
User made maps:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkExecutioner Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:41 am

Nanteos wrote:Also, is there a way to script so that a unit (or multiple at a time, I've got 44 of these units to script) is unable to use it's special move? For example, script so that striker VX's already placed on the map are unable to go into fly mode, in a way that should one decide to make additional striker VX's, they CAN go into fly mode?

I started to make a map to fiddle with scripts but it ended up becoming a map of its own XD
Make a team,give vxes to that team,and from Team section in scripting,locking abilities should be there.then that team cannot use vx swich ability Wink
DarkExecutioner
DarkExecutioner
Serious Fan!
Serious Fan!

History
Awards:
User made maps:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanteos Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:48 am

Thank you Slayer and Dark. Yes this was intended for quick games. Its a simple map from a beginner mapper Razz

But I am almost finished making another one, a 3 vs 1, I just need to find a way to script it so there is a 15 minute count down and if the attackers don't win in 15 minutes the defender wins. (the 1 is on a heavily fortified area) I'd like to try to script it, when I was fiddling with scripts I think I saw something in there about that but if I need help I'll ask. More info will come soon.
Nanteos
Nanteos
Testers Godfather
Testers Godfather

History
Awards:
User made maps:

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaSlayerb Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:02 am

i'll upload it now... link will appear in any minute now....

edit : here is link: Link

I just noticed I forgot something.. I hope you can do that yourself.... I forgot to lock the button that releases the infantry from their garisonned building.....
ThaSlayerb
ThaSlayerb
God of Fan
God of Fan

History
Awards:
User made maps:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanteos Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:29 am

No problem, if you tell me how I'll gladly do it Razz
Nanteos
Nanteos
Testers Godfather
Testers Godfather

History
Awards:
User made maps:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanteos Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:10 am

Just tested it, I like the changes you made, with the ramp, I intended it to look like that but I ended up making a ramp too long lol, its much better now.

Only complaint I have is player 2 now starts off with all stuff in the middle, so player 2 wins almost for sure.
Nanteos
Nanteos
Testers Godfather
Testers Godfather

History
Awards:
User made maps:

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaSlayerb Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:18 am

owh yeah lol, euhm... first go to the observation post, and set the team to neutral, than go to scripts/neutral and set the test script (something with test in it I think) to not active... than all is fine.. that was for testing purposes.. Razz
ThaSlayerb
ThaSlayerb
God of Fan
God of Fan

History
Awards:
User made maps:

Back to top Go down

Post by SPIDER_PIG_ROCKS Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:10 am

did you stop working on this map scratch
SPIDER_PIG_ROCKS
SPIDER_PIG_ROCKS
Piggy-leedah
Piggy-leedah

History
Special in: Visual
Awards:
User made maps:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanteos Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:35 am

no, I finished, I just don't have time lately to upload maps which I have made

I'll be uploading ASAP but I am very tired right now.. just got back from Air Force weekend.. went away and did some awesome stuff like sneaking around a forest at night avoiding the army.
Nanteos
Nanteos
Testers Godfather
Testers Godfather

History
Awards:
User made maps:

Back to top Go down

Post by SPIDER_PIG_ROCKS Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:01 pm

just upload soon please
SPIDER_PIG_ROCKS
SPIDER_PIG_ROCKS
Piggy-leedah
Piggy-leedah

History
Special in: Visual
Awards:
User made maps:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down